I'm confused. I bought this through your Kickstarter, but can't seem to find any way to download it without being charged again. Please help.
Happy 2018, all! We come with offerings of an updated build, replete with bug fixes, UI improvements and a few smol features. There's a full blog post on it here, or just the patch notes below.
An exciting new thing elsewhere is: people who've bought Cultist Simulator can now acquire a Steam key via the 'Download' link on the store page, so owners can now play Cultist Simulator on Steam if you prefer!
We're currently trying to wrangle itch's external key system to enable Kickstarter backers to take advantage of this, too - please bear with us, beloved backers. We'll get you your Steam keys somehow. :)
Key features and bug fixes are as follows:
- tutoring now possible, meaning you are no longer entirely at the mercy of Chance when learning languages;
- individual named detectives will now investigate you, and unchecked Dread or Fascination may end your career;
- updated card images and placeholder assets, replacing big blank cards;
- version number is now included in save file, to prevent accidentally loading incompatible saves;
- you can now zoom in up to 200%, addressing text size issues on high resolutions;
- no more blank legacy images on loading;
- no more issues recruiting for your society (even for the prissy Children of Silence);
- a single click will now allow you to collect all cards when a recipe is completed;
- you can now drop cards directly on to verb tokens, without opening them manually first;
- minor save/load issues resolved;
- improvements to pause functionality (e.g. shouldn’t lose cards already placed in slots anymore);
- you can no longer generate infinite patrons, sadface;
- no more incorrect text in Verb window titles after loading;
- no more borked progression at Glover & Glover;
- improvements to UI (e.g. issues with interacting through notifications/options menu buttons should now be resolved);
- tragically, you are no longer able to do this;
- we’ve improved burn images, so they fit in better (WIP!);
- new cards will glow slightly, to address feedback that new players didn’t realise they were clickable;
- the camera will now zoom to the culpable Verb when you die;
- you shouldn’t see any more blurry buttons in options menu.
Get Cultist Simulator
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
If you use the link that Kickstarter backers were emailed previously (around December 15) it will take you to the pre-authenticated download page. I just did that and got the latest version.
Ok I did that, but it still doesn't give you a Steam key, only allows you to download it to Windows. I'm with CliftonR, why tell people you can come here to this page & get a Steam key & then not post it anywhere. This is too damn confusing. Why don't they just email a link to get the Steam key to everyone who already bought it. So far I am very unimpressed, both with the game itself & the way they have tried to deliver it & wish I never backed it. Very unhappy here.
I used the link from the email (for the first time), but I don´t see any option for getting the game that does not require me to pay again.
Apparently there is some issue which interferes with their ability to generate Steam keys for Kickstarter backers. As they said in the very message, as well on Steam, this issue will be resolved, hopefully soon.