Cultist Simulator: Prologue (Alpha)
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
BEHOLD OUR END.
From the creative director of Sunless Sea and Fallen London: a single-player narrative digital boardgame of apocalypse and yearning. Find abominable rites in dreams. Craft tools and summon spirits. Indoctrinate innocents. Choose between sane and insane victory conditions. Become the herald of a new age.
This was a prologue-prototype of the game, with a fraction of the final content... but it's free. I released it to give people a taster while I went off to write for BioWare and Telltale.
Design, writing, coding: Alexis Kennedy
UI design, audio and additional coding: Martin Nerurkar
=============CHANGE LOG for 0.7.41=============
Hotfixed a couple of content bugs! Special thanks to Reddit user Escapade84 for a quick turnaround.
=============CHANGE LOG for 0.7.4==============
- now includes *actual cultists*!
- Mystique and Notoriety can be used to found and fuel a cult
- You can now meet acquaintances and confound them with your occult knowledge, or recruit them to your cult
- Followers can be sent on missions (just one demo mission in the alpha)
- The authorities may take an interest in you.
- More lore!
- infuriating issue where action tokens would sometimes be stuck complete, but empty, should now be resolved.
=============CHANGE LOG for 0.7.3.2!==============
- Bug fix: the Consent of Wounds can now be found in a certain book.
- Bug fix: newly created cards should no longer disappear when dropped in an unsuitable place.
- TOTALLY UNTESTED Linux build now available.
=============CHANGE LOG for 0.7.3!===============
- Restart issues should all now be fixed.
- BLACK CARD OF INELUCTABLE DOOM issue where action windows became frozen now fixed.
- Doubled default duration of all notification windows
- Clicking notification windows dismisses them.
- Space bar to pause (and esc for options)
Note: Mac build is 100% untested!
This is a free alpha with a fraction of the final content. If you'd like to support the project, or have something to say, do visit www.cultistsimulator.com