A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
**PERPETUAL EDITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE! WISHLIST THE GAME ON STEAM TO BE NOTIFIED OF FULL LAUNCH ON 31ST MAY 2018.**
You *will* be able to purchase Cultist Simulator again on itch.io, but not until launch - so we're holding this page for the next few months until we release.
Cultist Simulator is a game of apocalypse and yearning from Alexis Kennedy, creator of Fallen London and Sunless Sea. Play as a seeker after unholy mysteries, in a 1920s-themed setting of hidden gods and secret histories. Perhaps you're looking for knowledge, or power, or beauty, or revenge. Perhaps you just want the colours beneath the skin of the world.
In this roguelike narrative card game, what you find may transform you forever. Every choice you make, from moment to moment, doesn't just advance the narrative - it also shapes it.
Become a scholar of the unseen arts. Search your dreams for sanity-twisting rituals. Craft tools and summon spirits. Indoctrinate innocents. Seize your place as the herald of a new age.
In this 20-40 hour game, you'll:
- Combine cards to tell your own story in a rich, Lovecraftian world of ambition, appetite and abomination. Corrupt your friends. Consume your enemies. There is never only one history.
- Found a cult, dedicated to the Red Grail, or the Witch-and-Sister, or the Forge of Days. Recruit Believers and promote them to Disciples to serve as burglars, researchers, cat's-paws. Use your disciples to keep you fed - or feed on your disciples.
- Unravel arcane, unacknowledged mysteries. Translate grimoires and glean their lore. Locate and pillage the Star Shattered Fane. Penetrate the realm of the Hours, and win a place in their service. Perhaps - if you are very cunning - you may even glimpse the Mansus.
- Outwit rivals, investigators and the increasingly suspicious Authorities. Your own altered Appetites may force you to act abominably, but your Cause must not be stopped.
- Transcend death with a story-driven legacy system. Perhaps your inheritors will complete the Rite of the Crucible Soul. Perhaps they'll find peace in a pleasing career. Perhaps they'll bring the Dawn.
Design, writing, coding: Alexis Kennedy
Production, visual design, additional art: Lottie Bevan
UI design, audio and additional coding: Martin Nerurkar
Special Thanks: Matt Hosty, Sonja & Penelope Kennedy, Haley Uyrus, our Kickstarter backers
|Published||Oct 02, 2017|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||Oct 04, 2017|
|Genre||Role Playing, Card Game, Simulation|
|Tags||card, Horror, lovecraft, lovecraftian, narrative, Roguelike, Story Rich|
|Average session||A few hours|
This game is currently unavailable
- THE EXPLORER'S BUILD10 days ago
- Linux build WORKING AGAIN50 days ago
- ADEPT'S BUILD: HOT FIXINGS51 days ago
- THE ADEPT'S BUILD52 days ago