Cultist Simulator: Perpetual Edition
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Seize forbidden treasures. Summon alien gods. Feed on your disciples.
The Scholar's Build is now available! This is a preview beta with limited functionality, and around 20% of final content. Please let us know about bugs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cultist Simulator is a game of apocalypse and yearning from Alexis Kennedy, creator of Fallen London and Sunless Sea. Play as a seeker after unholy mysteries, in a 1920s-themed setting of hidden gods and secret histories. Perhaps you're looking for knowledge, or power, or beauty, or revenge. Perhaps you just want the colours beneath the skin of the world.
In this roguelike narrative card game, what you find may transform you forever. Every choice you make, from moment to moment, doesn't just advance the narrative - it also shapes it.
Become a scholar of the unseen arts. Search your dreams for sanity-twisting rituals. Craft tools and summon spirits. Indoctrinate innocents. Seize your place as the herald of a new age.
- Combine cards to tell your own story in a rich, Lovecraftian world of ambition, appetite and abomination. Corrupt your friends. Consume your enemies. There is never only one history.
- Found a cult, dedicated to the Red Grail, or the Witch-and-Sister, or the Forge of Days. Recruit Believers and promote them to Disciples to serve as burglars, researchers, cat's-paws. Use your disciples to keep you fed - or feed on your disciples.
- Unravel arcane, unacknowledged mysteries. Translate grimoires and glean their lore. Locate and pillage the Star Shattered Fane. Penetrate the realm of the Hours, and win a place in their service. Perhaps - if you are very cunning - you may even glimpse the Mansus.
- Outwit rivals, investigators and the increasingly suspicious Authorities. Your own altered Appetites may force you to act abominably, but your Cause must not be stopped.
- Transcend death with a story-driven legacy system. Perhaps your inheritors will complete the Rite of the Crucible Soul. Perhaps they'll find peace in a pleasing career. Perhaps they'll bring the Dawn.
Cultist Simulator was funded on Kickstarter in twelve hours. Click here to see the campaign. If you missed out on backing, it's not too late. This is the Perpetual Edition. From the campaign:
"Cultist Simulator has just one tier: Perpetual Edition. Perpetual Edition means: you buy the game before full launch, you get access to early builds and any and all DLC and expansions free forever."
Pre-order now for full release in May 2018; preview development builds are available every month! A free alpha is available here if you want to try before you buy.
Design, writing, coding: Alexis Kennedy
Production, visual design: Lottie Bevan
UI design, audio and additional coding: Martin Nerurkar
Special Thanks: Matt Hosty, Sonja & Penelope Kennedy, our Kickstarter backers
Latest patch notes: v2017.12.b.1
- It is now possible to translate 'De Horis', volume 2, at least as long as you speak Latin.
- Using three Erudition with a Collection of Essays is now more advantageous than studying wild continental philosophy.
- Reading 'On the White' no longer leaves you unable to Study anything ever again (although, given the nature of the White, this would not be unreasonable).
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $14.00 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- THE SCHOLAR'S BUILD11 hours ago
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.