Cultist Simulator: Perpetual Edition
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
This game is in development. It's fully playable, but you will run into missing content and the occasional bug. The full game will release here and on other digital storefronts on 31st May 2018. Buying Perpetual Edition now allows you to help us with feedback, and gives you free DLC for life.
**IMPORTANT UPDATE!** Perpetual Edition will only be available for purchase until midnight on Wednesday 28th February 2018. Get it now to unlock free DLC, for life.
SEIZE FORBIDDEN TREASURES. SUMMON ALIEN GODS. FEED ON YOUR DISCIPLES.
Cultist Simulator is a game of apocalypse and yearning from Alexis Kennedy, creator of Fallen London and Sunless Sea. Play as a seeker after unholy mysteries, in a 1920s-themed setting of hidden gods and secret histories. Perhaps you're looking for knowledge, or power, or beauty, or revenge. Perhaps you just want the colours beneath the skin of the world.
In this roguelike narrative card game, what you find may transform you forever. Every choice you make, from moment to moment, doesn't just advance the narrative - it also shapes it.
Become a scholar of the unseen arts. Search your dreams for sanity-twisting rituals. Craft tools and summon spirits. Indoctrinate innocents. Seize your place as the herald of a new age.
- Combine cards to tell your own story in a rich, Lovecraftian world of ambition, appetite and abomination. Corrupt your friends. Consume your enemies. There is never only one history.
- Found a cult, dedicated to the Red Grail, or the Witch-and-Sister, or the Forge of Days. Recruit Believers and promote them to Disciples to serve as burglars, researchers, cat's-paws. Use your disciples to keep you fed - or feed on your disciples.
- Unravel arcane, unacknowledged mysteries. Translate grimoires and glean their lore. Locate and pillage the Star Shattered Fane. Penetrate the realm of the Hours, and win a place in their service. Perhaps - if you are very cunning - you may even glimpse the Mansus.
- Outwit rivals, investigators and the increasingly suspicious Authorities. Your own altered Appetites may force you to act abominably, but your Cause must not be stopped.
- Transcend death with a story-driven legacy system. Perhaps your inheritors will complete the Rite of the Crucible Soul. Perhaps they'll find peace in a pleasing career. Perhaps they'll bring the Dawn.
Design, writing, coding: Alexis Kennedy
Production, visual design: Lottie Bevan
UI design, audio and additional coding: Martin Nerurkar
Special Thanks: Matt Hosty, Sonja & Penelope Kennedy, our Kickstarter backers
Latest patch notes: v2018.1.a.1
- tutoring now possible, meaning you are no longer entirely at the mercy of Chance when learning languages;
- no (visible) underwear, meaning exploration and promotions/cult-wrangling is neater and AK put in an extra FNORD pass;
- updated card images and placeholder assets, replacing big blank cards;
- version number is now included in save file
- you can now zoom in up to 200%, addressing text size issues on high resolutions;
- no more blank legacy images on loading;
- no more issues recruiting for your society (even for the prissy Children of Silence);
- minor save/load issues resolved;
- improvements to pause functionality (e.g. shouldn’t lose cards already placed in slots anymore);
- you can no longer generate infinite patrons, sadface;
- no more incorrect text in Verb window titles after loading;
- no more borked progression at Glover & Glover;
- improvements to UI (e.g. issues with interacting through notifications/options menu buttons should now be resolved)
- tragically, you are no longer able to do this;
- we’ve improved burn images, so they fit in better (WIP!);
- new cards will glow slightly, to address feedback that new players didn’t realise they were clickable;
- the camera will now zoom to the culpable Verb when you die;
- you shouldn’t see any more blurry buttons in options menu.
Please let us know about bugs at firstname.lastname@example.org!
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $14.00 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files: